EXIM, LDAP and some pop3 stuff?

Seems I'm really to stupid to find my piece of information by
myself, but: First things first.

I'm switching to doing mail-handling with LDAP in order to get rid
of the 'dead' users in my passwd. Configuring EXIM with LDAP should
just work fine. Enter the users in LDAP under some domain-branches,
let exim look there for it's delivery and put mail under
/var/mail/<domain>/<user>. Here we go.

Problem is now: How to get the mail delivered to the users via pop3.
None of the pop3-daemons I managed to find supports LDAP by heart
even if it seems so simple: Lookup user/pass in LDAP, find
mail-directory and deliver. Am I looking at the wrong place?

btw. using potato.

Regards,

Florian Bantner

Florian Bantner          AXON-E Interaktive Medien
Tel. +49-941-599 854 4      Fax. +49-941-599 854 1
Mail f.bantner@axon-e.de
Key  http://www.axon-e.de/gpg/f.bantner.key
1191 0C87 D9DB 3217 ABBA  5223 6D74 AB19 5C9D FC49