Re: Fwd: scp, no ssh

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 04:46:26PM +0100, Marcel Hicking wrote:
> No way.
> /bin/true will log you out right away,
> and therefore you cannot start scp.
> I've doublechecked this yesterday, and
> even tried to put "exit " into the .bashrc
> *This* did work fine, no ssh anymore, but scp
> works. But! unforunatelly the user can scp
> an new .bashrc or use ssh and rm to remove it.

Late to the discussion so I may have missed something ... can't you
chattr +i the .bashrc file, then chmod 750 /usr/bin/chattr ?

Of course if the user can copy their own chattr binary using scp and
execute it somehow, this doesn't work :)

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.