RE: BIND exploited ? -UPDATE

On Sat, 5 Jan 2002, Jeremy L. Gaddis wrote:

> You dumbass.  Everybody knows you don't try to fix a compromised
> machine.  You take it in stride, wipe the drives and start all
> over from a clean install.

Would you mind terribly not airing your oh-so-superior views in public?
With such unbridled arrogance?  I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds
it offensive and not at all representative of the maturity of discussion
expected of this list.
The aim of a self-help list such as this is to help and educate -- not
to sneer and ridicule.

OH -- and would you also mind terribly NOT re-posting the complete
history of the current thread in your public e-mails?  It's a clear sign
of inability to either understand or use the medium properly.

Thank you.
--
Martin Wheeler <mwheeler@startext.co.uk> [gpg:1024D/01269BEB 2001-09-29]
   /debian/     msw <msw@startext.co.uk> [gpg:1024D/8D6B948B 2001-07-04]