Re: Best way to duplicate HDs

<quote who="Russell Coker">

> I've just done some tests on that with 33G partitions of 46G IDE drives.
> The drives are on different IDE buses, and the CPU is an Athlon 800.
>
> So it seems to me that page size is probably a good buffer size to use.

Cool! Nothing like Real Proper Testing to prove a point. ;)

I'm surprised the difference between 512b and 4k wasn't greater though; I'm
sure I've had more spectacular differences in the past.

... and I won't bring up anything about SCSI or IDE at this point. ;)

- Jeff

--
    "I wanted to be Superman, but all I got were these special powers of
                             self-deprecation."