Re: Securing bind..

Russell,

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Russell Coker wrote:

<Lots of good stuff snipped>

> Please read my messages carefully before flaming me.
	Ack! My apologies. Poor reading and poor wording.

> DNS cache machine sents out requests from source port 54 (not obscure - every
> administrator of every DNS server on the net can easily discover this).

	Not sure I follow what you are saying here. Are you saying that it
is pretty easy for a DNS admin to figure out what port you are running the
DNS server on (if so how?) or are you saying that port 54 is a well agreed
upon port for this purpose. I doubt very much that it is the latter, since
http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers states that port 54 is
assigned to XNS (whatever that is).

Regards,
Jor-el