Re: Debian GNU/Linux as email & DNS server

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 12:13:27 +0100, "Davi Leal" <david.leal@ene.es>
wrote:
>We are going to use a debian box as email and DNS server. The goal is
>duplicate the functionality of a host which is using sendmail 8.8, xinetd
>(pop3) & bind. I thought to use:
>
>    Debian GNU/Linux 2.2r3 (potato):
>        sendmail 8.9.3, postfix, or ...
>        xinetd (pop3: qpopper 2.53 instead of ipopd 4.7c)
>        bind 8.2.3

I would like to recommend not using sendmail and qpopper unless you
have a very good valid reason to use these.

Try using exim, which is Debian's default MTA, and courier POP/IMAP.

Greetings
Marc