PLESE help me with my kppp connection PLEASE

My kppp connection fails giving the following message:

The remote server is required to authenticate itself but I couldn't find any suitanle secret(password) for it to use to do so.
(None of the available passwords would let it use an IP address.)

Have tried all the things I have found to fix this but no success - probably due to the fact I know very little about it all really and need so help PLEASE.

Thanks heaps
Todd