Apache and multiple virtual domains

What I want to do is have multiple virtual hosts with each virtual host
having a different UID for running CGI-BIN scripts.

What I would like to do (which appears impossible in current Apache) is to
have this happen automatically instead of having lots of additions to the
configuration file specifying each virtual host separately so that it's UID
for the scripts can be separately specified too.

It would be nice if I could have something like the following:

VirtualDocumentRoot /home/www/domains/%0/docs
VirtualScriptAlias /home/www/domains/%0/cgi-bin
VirtualScriptUser %0

What is the Apache code like?  Is it hard to modify?  How much work would be
involved in writing this?