Re: Static and Dynamic NAT

Bill,

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Bill Fowler wrote:

> I setting up a linux system to be a router and want to do static and dynamic
> NAT with a pool of public IPs (as opposed to masquerading with one IP).  I'm

Do you mean you want to masquerade some public IPs to become other public
IPs? (Maybe you can draw an example.)

> using 2.2.18 kernel.  If someone could point me in the right direction I
> would appreciate it.

Read the IP Masquerade HowTO
 http://www.linux.com/howto/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO.html
And visit the Linux IP Masquerade Resource
 http://members.home.net/ipmasq/

Basically, you should be able to use the same ipchains ideas but for your
own IPs.

  Jeremy C. Reed
echo 'G014AE824B0-07CC?/JJFFFI?D64CB>D=3C427=>;>6HI2><J' |\
tr /-_ :\ Sc-y./ | sed swxw`uname`w