Von: pf@csite.com [mailto:pf@csite.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. April 2001 16:55
An: debian-isp@lists.debian.org
Betreff: LDAP as userdatabase for UNIX & W2k

Hi there!

I am currently running an in-house system for account mangement on Debian.
I'm using MySQL as backend database, and have a couple of scripts converting
the configuration from the MySQL database into configuration files for
Apache, Proftpd, qmail, etc..

Now, I am considering to remake this system totally, and one of my plans is
to use Ldap for everything. But my Ldap knowledge is very limited, so maybe
someone could help me out.
Would it be wise to use ldap as global configuration database, where
users/domains etc. are in relations with each other in ldap?
Is it possible to use ldap as authentication source for w2k servers (I know,
this might sound off topic, but relevant for the Linux community too)?

My goal here is to make an easy extendable mangement system, which is
crossplatform (on the backend), by using ldap. I might be completely off, so
help me get these things straight ;))

Cheers!
--
Paul Fleischer / ProGuy