Re: get school connected to the inet

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 06:27:40AM -0000, Jeremy Price wrote:
> And I got bitten by this a few days ago when I discovered that work
> had blocked all domain names with the word 'sex' in them.  This was
> funny until I tried to visit 'www.ExpertsExchange.com' - an online
> tech community.

yep. www.businessexchange.com is one i remember getting blocked when the
boss decided that blocking "sex" sites was a good idea a few years ago.

it took me ages to convince him that it was a brain-damaged idea.

i finally got him to reconsider when i showed him examples in the logs
of www.essex.com and www.businessexchange.com and other harmless sites
being blocked.

he also blocked sites with the word 'game' - which blocked quite a few
educational sites, including an educational stock-market game at a
school over in Western Australian and another site teaching statistics
or something with a game.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

      GnuPG Key: 1024D/CD5626F0
Key fingerprint: 9674 7EE2 4AC6 F5EF 3C57  52C3 EC32 6810 CD56 26F0