Re: DNS master and NOTIFY

>> My understanding of DNS/BIND is that the SOA and NS entries are in
>> seconds, which would explain your problem quite nicely... why don't you
>> try to change the numbers to the actual seconds, and see if that
>> helps... see my soa below...
>
> I tried and it doesn't fix the problem. Any other idea?

Is it POSITIVELY your Master NS that's sending out the NOTIFY's?

I was providing NS for a client, and they set up an SMTP service on a M$
box. It insisted on running a DNS server on the same box, and that DNS
server insisted on sending out NOTIFY's to my NS boxes at very short
intervals.

Something to do with the way MS does DNS. Don't know for sure, never want
to know.

--
Andrew P. Gardner
barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?