Re: Machine Registration

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 10:30:18PM -0400, Jeff S Wheeler wrote:

> If you read up on Private LANs and don't grok it, I could provide an
> explaination.  The clue level on this thread has been higher than most on
> this list (thankfully, stuff like this is why I remain subscribed) but this
> is an advanced networking topic most people have no experience with.

I haven't read up on it, and haven't had the chance to work on a router that
wasn't based on linux or some kind of dsl product, unfortunately.

My concern was that for a hotel with 1000s of rooms that a switch port for
each room would be a very high cost, but what you described looks like an
even higher investment.  Which makes my argument pretty much moot.

Mike