Re: get school connected to the inet

> i have to connect a school to the internet but i have to avoid that the
> users(kids) look at certain webpages with criminal and sexual backgrounds
>
> is there a possibility to stop that, maybe on the firewall (debian linux) to
> block requests like www.sex.de and things (words maybe) like sex, drugs and
> so on?
>
> are there any good, non-cost-intensive tools for ding that?
> if so, please let me know ;-)

<RANT>
The school already has such a tool. Its called education. Teach the kids
what 'acceptable use' means.

Funny. The school wants free software (as in deutsche marks) but not
software that is free (as in speech).

Sorry. I don't mean to kill the messenger but I feel strongly that
admins that enable censorship are no better then the scientists who
developed the atomic bomb but took no responsibility for the devastation
it caused.
</RANT>

Pete
--