inittab wierdness

I think I got it:

upon egrepping /etc for respawn, there was the /etc/pcmcia/serial script which reads:

echo "S$NR:12345:respawn:$INITTAB $DEVICE" >> /etc/inittab
telinit q

I commented out the "telinit q" line, (because that used to cause the same trouble that occured every 5 minutes anyway,) and voila! No more annoying output every 5 minutes. I don't think it fixed any problems (which seemed harmless anyway), but at least what I don't know won't annoy me any more. The problem is definitely PCMCIA based.

-Pete
:Peter Kemble
:Evening Coordinator,
:Allen Memorial Library