Last time I checked, popper was just a POP daemon (which runs on port 110). The error message is from your SMTP daemon (which runs on port 25; it looks like you are using sendmail).

My guess is that you have an address forwarding to itself in your aliases file, the virtusertable, or something similar.

- Frank

At 04:04 PM 4/20/2001, you wrote:
Fecha: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:52:42 -0500
hello, I´m setting up an email server using qpopper.
If I can send emails from the adrees
ventas@nrtec.com.mx but I can receive and I got this
message what i can do to fix it?

De: Mail Delivery Subsystem
<MAILER-DAEMON@nrtec.com.mx>  | Bloquear dirección |
Añadir a la Libreta de direcciones
A: postmaster@portal.nrtec.com.mx
A: <javierslp@yahoo.com>
Asunto: Returned mail: Local configuration error

The original message was received at Fri, 20 Apr 2001
13:52:38 -0500
from web904.mail.yahoo.com [128.11.23.79]

   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal
errors -----
<ventas@nrtec.com.mx>

553 nrtec.com.mx. config error: mail loops back to me
(MX problem?)
554 <ventas@nrtec.com.mx>... Local configuration error