Re: local APT mirror (take 2)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: local APT mirror (take 2)
- From: Jesse Goerz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:18:02 -0400
- Message-id: <0104181118020G.20598@storm>
- In-reply-to: <Xz1j4B.A.LyH.APZ36@murphy>
- References: <Xz1j4B.A.LyH.APZ36@murphy>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Wednesday 18 April 2001 08:19, James Mclean wrote:
> Thanks to all that replied, but what should I put in the sources.list file?
> This is the main thing that is holding me back now...
> Machine is only available from a local network (ie no fqdn) will this
> matter at all? hostname is hydrogen, and all the packages on the system are
> from 2.2r0 cd's. i have proftp and apache running on the server.
> james mclean
If you're using rsync you don't need anything in your servers sources.list
file (except a line pointing to the local mirror so you can upgrade the
server). Just adjust the clients sources.list to point to an nfs export of
the mirror. See previous post.
Docs by & for Debian newbies
pgp key at:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----