Can't delete or modify file

I tried to update my debian box which is running Potato.  When libc6 tries to
install it fails giving an error about not being able to symlink libnss_db.so.2.
I took a look at libnss_db.so.2 and things are very odd.  A 'ls -la' gives the
following:

br-xr-S-wx    1 22304    8236     105, 114 Oct 23  2030 libnss_db.so.2

I've tried to delete, rename, chown and chmod with out any luck.  What should I
do?  I can't even find out what 'S' as a permission is.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.