Re: sendmail is slow for mass mail

Craig Sanders wrote:
> i see qmail's incompatibility with other MTAs as a huge trap - and the
> same kind of trap as proprietary mailers, or proprietary software in
> general....once you convert to it, you're basically stuck there because
> it's going to be an enormous pain to convert to anything else.

That's very true. My qmail system served only a few users, a few ezmlm
mailing lists; probably 300 .qmail files total -- and it took me 24 hours
solid to convert it to postfix with no downtime. I had a transition plan
with 30 or so items on it, and only maybe 3 of those hours were spent in
grokking postfix; it was crazy. Never again.

--
see shy jo