Advice needed : transproxy

 Hi,

 I intend to set up a transparent proxying system here. We have a lot of
 traffic, so the server receiving the requests shall be heavy-loaded. I
plan
 to follow this schema :

 (clients)       - router        - internet (all traffic but :80)
                 - transproxy - squid load balancer      - squid proxy 1
                                                         - squid proxy 2
                                                         - ...

 We use Celeron - and what i call heavy-loaded is 1500-2000 simultaneous
 modem connexions (average) and 3000 simultaneous modem connexions (top
 load).

 Has somebody already tried so a config ? What i would like is to have a
 feed-back about transproxy 1.4 (or another version) behaviour when it's
 heavy-loaded.

 Any better idea or suggestion ?

 Thank you.
 --
 Knowledge-sharing and open-source content : another way to gain eternity.
 Francis "Dexter" Gois - mailto : fg@tiscali.be

`--------------- Forwarded message (end)