Re: sendmail&smart host

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Martin Tanzer wrote:

> Aha, thanx for the explanation. I am an experianced SuSE administrator and I
> feel  pretty firm in the sendmail.cf. I start prefering debian now (as a
> Server ;-)  - but I miss the documentation... It took me hours to find out,
> that the configuratuion of procmail in the sendmail.cf is missing. After I
> tried OSTYPE(mklinux) I was very happy to find the sendmail.cf I am used to.
> In SuSE the linux.mc is well documented and very easy to handle. Also it is
> new to me to build the sendmail.cf with make - I am used to 'm4 < linux.mc >
> test.cf'

Cool, you might be able to help me ;-)

* What documentation do you find missing? (have you installed sendmail-doc)?
* Could you possibly send me a SuSE linux.mc ?

Yes, I'm working to make the m4 method work - gotta put some includes in
sendmail.mc and cleanup ostype/debian.m4

> OK, I take the hint and try it with OSTYPE(debian).

Thanks, and if you find any problems, please get them to me...

--
Rick Nelson
Techical solutions are not a matter of voting. Two legislations in the US