Re: how to restrict remote user login in a per user basis ?

> On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 04:45:40PM -0400, Felipe Alvarez Harnecker wrote:
>  >
>  >
>  > Subject says it all.
>  >
>  > I'm using ssh and telnet-ssl for remote logins but i have some users
>  > that shoud do a local login.
>
>  Maybe you could whip up a little shell script to check the tty the user
>  is logging in on (say wack it in /etc/profile) and then compare that
>  with a list of local / non-local tty's?

If you're using a recent Debian-distibution you can use PAM and
/etc/security/access.conf to restrict access to your system. That even
gives you the possibility to allow ftp for all users and deny ssh or
telnet only to some (that's what I use it for...)

Greetings

Peter
--
Peter Lohmann	      email@peter-lohmann.de	      Tel.: 05207/920446