RE: Which frontend for SNMP monitoring of server farms?

Title: RE: Which frontend for SNMP monitoring of server farms?

        cricket.sourceforge.net works very well too.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Christian Hammers [mailto:ch@westend.com]
Enviado el: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 5:17 PM
Para: debian-isp@lists.debian.org
Asunto: Which frontend for SNMP monitoring of server farms?

Hello

Which tools would you recommend for monitoring CPU/disk/squid-,apache-load
of several servers at an ISP?

Up to now I only have little watchdog scripts that bark via SMS/mail when
some critical situation occurs but I want to check once a day on a web page
and see some statistics and nice green signs saying me that everything
was ok in the last few weeks and which server must be upgraded in the
next few month or where a temporary max-load/bottleneck occured.

tkined and openNMS seems to be suitable for this (maybe with "mon" as
local watchdog) but I wonder if they're ready for production use.
(At least openNMS looks very alpha)

thanks,

 -christian-

--
Christian Hammers    WESTEND GmbH - Aachen und Dueren     Tel 0241/701333-0
ch@westend.com     Internet & Security for Professionals    Fax 0241/911879