RADIUS

I just upgraded a slink server to potato and had some problems with the
radius server.  On slink I had hand-compiled my own radius server from
livingston 2.0.1 source code.  Wanting to avoid future headaches I
decided to upgrade to cistron radiusd.

During the dist-upgrade I told dpkg to overwrite my /etc/services file,
/etc/services has these entries that seem to relate to radius:

datametrics             1645/tcp
datametrics             1645/udp
sa-msg-port             1646/tcp
sa-msg-port             1646/udp
radius                  1812/tcp
radius	                1812/udp
radacct                 1813/tcp
radacct                 1813/udp

Until I commented the above lines, and replaced them with those below,
my terminal servers (Livingston Portmasters) refused to communicate
with the new radiusd.

radius                  1645/tcp
radius                  1645/udp
raddacct                1646/tcp
raddacct                1646/udp

After thinking about it, I'm pretty sure that I had to change these
entries for slink as well.  Is this a bug in cistron radiusd, a bug
in my portmasters or a bug in /etc/services (netbase)?

Thanks!

Fraser