Re: nat

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 04:59:39PM -0700, Kevin wrote:

>   I was wondering if anyone can tell me sort of problems I would have
>   if I assigned internal ips to our customers and used ipmasq.
Merely thinking about it says 'no' ..

Since there might be protocols using IPs within themselves that are not
covered by ipmasq-modules, the idea already has lost. So, basically, if
your customers might use not only common thinks like www/ftp/real*/etc,
it seriously reduces the quality of your service providing.

Even for the "standard" protocols it fails if you need to connect to a
port not handled by the module. Example: the ip_masq_irc watches only
port 6667, by default. If someone connects to a server using 666[5689] or
something, not everything (here: DCC) will work.

--
greetings from earth,
--[(amf)]--[(icquin*7542952)(irc*amf/ircnet)(geekcode*avail)(pgp2*avail)]-->

Your manuscript is both good and original, but the part that is good is not
original and the part that is original is not good.
		-- Samuel Johnson