Re: bind errors

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, t s a d i wrote:

> Mar  6 11:28:34 bangus named[612]: sysquery: findns error (NXDOMAIN) on
> bangus.mydomain.com?

This error means their is no NS record or the NS record in the zone file
is defined wrong.

>     here are my config files.  is there anything terribly wrong with it
> ?

It is too confusing for you to rename everything. Please use real info.
The confusion is: "bangus.mydomain.com" -- you show us the mydomain.com
record but it has NO entry for bangus!

Or maybe this is your real problem! Add a:
bangus		IN	A	192.168.0.12
## or whatever the IP is
at the bottom of the zone file and reload it.

--jeremy reed

> my /etc/named.con contains the following :
>
> zone "mydomain.com" {
>         type master;
>         file "mydomain.com.db";
> };
>

> and the file mydomain.com.db, the following :
>
> ; BIND data file for zone mydomain.com
> @       IN      SOA     mydomain.com. root.mydomain.com. (
>                         2000030301      ; Serial
>                         10800           ; Refresh