Re: Mgetty not connecting at 56 Kbs

On Sat, 20 Nov 1999 iehrenwald@earthlink.net wrote:

 :
 : On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:
 :
 : > 	Hi,
 : > 	I'm building an ISP and I have 56 Kbs modem's and configured mgetty but
 : > I cant connect with my clients above 31200 kbs.
 : > 	What can be wrong?
 :
 : Right.  You cannot do 56k <-> 56k using modems.  You have to have
 : USR/3Com's specialized hardware rack modem setup in order to do 56k to
 : your customers.  Unless you invest in one of these, you will only connect
 : at 33600 maximum.

Naturally you can invest in ANY manufacturer's digital modem equipment
and do 56k; USR doesn't have a monopoly.  We use Nortel's RAC-8000, I
don't recommend that product however :)

Has anyone recommendations for or against other equipment?

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD