Re: It was: How to limit it ? - ssh

* Grzegorz Pawel Szostak said:
> Hi group!
> so, i find out why my /etc/security/limits.conf wasn't working: in
> /etc/pam.d/login file there should be a line uncommented: session required
> pam_limits.so .
> Great, it works for telnet but what with ssh ? In /etc/pam.d directory
> there is no ssh ! ldd /bin/login does:
> libpam.so.0 => /lib/libpam.so.0 (0x40044000)
> libpam_misc.so.0 => /lib/libpam_misc.so.0 (0x4004c000)
> but ldd /usr/sbin/sshd doesn't !
> Is there an other version of ssh ?
Both OpenSSH and non-free ssh on potato are linked to PAM. What deb version
do you have?

> Another question:
> Is ssh2 better than ssh ? What's the difrence ?
The difference is in the protocols. SSH2 generally better defined in terms
of speed and security, also the server/client suite has been completely
redesigned, but the licence of SSH2 is far more restrictive. For that reason
it is not very popular. You are better off using the OpenSSH.

marek