RE: Please help with Sendmail

Thanks everyone, I wasn't running makemap.

Don Hatch

-----Original Message-----
From: fraser@baxter.net [mailto:fraser@baxter.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 1999 7:45 AM
To: donh@webpipe.net
Cc: debian-isp@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Please help with Sendmail

Don Hatch wrote:

> I'm using Debian 2.1 with the default Sendmail install (I think it's 8.9).
> Anyway, it works great except that I can't get the virtusertable feature
> work.  I added this line to sendmail.mc:  FEATURE(virtusertable).  It
wouldn't
> let me use single quotes like I usually do.  I then run sendmailconfig,
and
> the line shows up in sendmail.cf but any address listed in virtusertable
comes
> back undeliverable.  Any help would be appreciated, I'm sure I'm
overlooking
> something easy.

My line in sendmail.mc looks like this:

FEATURE(virtusertable)dnl

The dnl should not be relevant.

Then you map your users one per line in a plain text file like this:

someone@adomain.com	localuser

Then you must convert the text file into a db using this command

makemap hash /etc/virtusertable < plain_text_input_file

Then, it should work.  Make sure you restart sendmail after any
configuration changes (not after rebuilding the db but after changing any
sendmail.* files.

The other thing you may have neglected is adding adomain.com to the file
sendmail.cw ... I'm pretty sure that is also necessary.

Fraser

Site Design, Hosting, and E-Commerce at www.webpipe.net