Re: Please help with Sendmail

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Don Hatch wrote:

> I'm using Debian 2.1 with the default Sendmail install (I think it's
> 8.9).  Anyway, it works great except that I can't get the virtusertable
> feature to work.  I added this line to sendmail.mc:
> FEATURE(virtusertable).  It wouldn't let me use single quotes like I
> usually do.  I then run sendmailconfig, and the line shows up in
> sendmail.cf but any address listed in virtusertable comes back
> undeliverable.  Any help would be appreciated, I'm sure I'm overlooking
> something easy.

I have Debian potato sendmail Version: 8.9.3-6

cd /etc/mail
$EDITOR virtusertable	  		  # see /usr/share/doc/sendmail/faq.txt.gz
makemap hash virtusertable<virtusertable  # creates /etc/mail/virtusertable.db
/etc/init.d/sendmail reload

And I'm not even sure the reload is necessary ... but it does not hurt.

Gerard MacNeil, P. Eng                          macneil@supercity.ns.ca
System Administrator
Supercity Internet Services                     http://www.supercity.ns.ca