Re: Instruction to evaluate the load on a PC

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Gerard MacNeil wrote:
>On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Russell Coker wrote:
>
>> /proc/stat - has information on disk IO.  Does anyone know of a good program
>> to analyse this?  I plan to write a program to analyse this information if I
>
>You probably want 'vmstat'.

Vmstat is what we have, and it does the job described (thanks for the quick
response).

However it is certainly not what I want.  I want something to display the
load on different drives (as "monitor" does on AIX).  Looks like this will
take a kernel patch, so I won't be doing it this year.  :(

--
Electronic information tampers with your soul.