Re: Adaptec AHA2940 problem

I'm a little confused.  the aic7xxx is not supposed to work with the AHA2920
SCSI adapter.  With the 2920 according to the online help  documentation you are
to be using a future domain driver.

``Note that the AHA2920 SCSI host adapter is *not* supported by this
driver; choose "Future Domain 16xx SCSI support" instead if you have
one of those.''

when you upgraded from a 2920 adapter to a 2940 adapter did you recompile the
kernel?  Also you might want to check exactly what chip the 2940 card is using
with either lspci or `cat /proc/pci' if the 2940 is a pci bus card which I think
it is.  If it is an ISA bus card check the interrupts and stuff.