Re: Server Crash

"Robert H. Clugston" wrote:

>         Sounds like you are having some resource problems. When your Linux Box
> is under a load too big for the resources it will die. This is the same no
> matter what platform (nt would have crash at bootup.)
>         I would run ps -aux or top to check the resources being used and
> increase them. Most likely you need more ram.

Not in this case.  One machine is a P166 the other a P200.  Both have 32MB
RAM and are under light to no load ... i.e. these machines are doing
nothing.  They are brand new installs and haven't really been put in
service at all yet.

Someone else suggested I run the error message I received through a kernel
debugger ... if anything interesting shows up I'll let the list know.

Fraser