Re: Server Crash

> I have been having problems recently with several servers crashing.  At
> first I thought it might be hardware problems but I now doubt it since it
> has happened to several computers that previously showed no problems.  I
> doubt that it's power either since the computers that crashed are on
> different UPSs.
>
> If anyone can shed some light on these problems I'd appreciate it.  I've
> never had Linux crash on me before and it seems to be happening with some
> regularity now.  Two of the crashing systems are running Debian 2.1 with
> all security updates.

We have exactly the same problem for a month now or so. For 3 years we
have never had any crash, until a short time ago, where 3 different
servers crashed a few times. It is really annoying and we cannot find
the reason.

> This was on the screen of one computer when I plugged in a monitor.
> Interestingly enough the computer was still running but ssh wouldn't accept
> connections at all.  I even restarted ssh and it still would not accept
> connections.

Sometimes:
- nothing reacts (not even the Num Lock)
- sometimes you can only locally log in to the system, but that's that.
- ...

Very stange. We are waiting for the new 2.2 version and install that one
and hopefully the problems will disappear.

Leander