libnss_files.so.2

Hi,

I got this strange problem that occured yesterday, I was about to login to
the machine via ssh and just disconnected before I got the password prompt.

So I tried telnet, rlogin, ftp etc and while using ftp I got the following
error-
message which seems to show every time I use ftp, ssh from the particular
machine aswell;

"error in loading shared libraries, libnss_files.so.2 ctype_b,
version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference"

This is on a RedHat 6.0.
What to do?

Regards,
Michael