RE: ipv6 stateless autoconfiguration failing

The bridge was not started by default. I thought that it might cause me
problems so I only started the virtual machine (and of course the bridge)
after the global ipv6 was lost.
If I recall correctly though a trace on the Broadcom interface indicated
that RA's were received from the router.

Anyway, I did a check triggered by your comment of the prefix lifetime.

The router was configured with those values:
ipv6 nd prefix default 180 120
ipv6 nd ra interval 10

and that's because I use a 6to4 tunnel to "simulate" my ipv6 connectivity
and I have a dynamic ipv4 from my isp. So I want the information of the
change of the ip to be propagated ASAP.

When I removed those lines from the router the debian host took the ipv6
address and hold it.

Then I reinserted the commands in the router. Debian did nothing.

But when I caused a renewal of my public ipv4 the router found out about the
change and reconfigured the general prefix but it seems that debian is
ignoring the new RA's. It seems to have stuck with the old global ipv6 and
of course no ipv6 destination is reachable.

I still cannot find any information on the debian regarding the timers or
logs of the autoconfigured ipv6.

I don't know if there has anything to do but I am mentioning about this
since it's an ipv6 operation: on my debian host I run quagga with zebra,
bgpd, ospfd and ospf6d