Re: Glibc reordering of IPv6 and IPv4

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 12:42:01AM +0200, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
> My question is this: Is the IPv6 Team taking actions and
> measurements to investigate or counteract this decline
> in functionality. It is not clear to me how many packages
> will be affected, but I do fear there might be unexpected
> cases to be discovered. A conducted search seems not to be
> out of order.
I'm willing to work on programs written in C that have this problem.
It's not like I can fix them all but if someone brings a package to my
attention I'll get it working ok on IPv4 only (as a start).

To me they really should of left gethostbyname() alone and used some
other function for AF-indepdendent calls.  They only did one of these
things :(

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au