Re: An independent IPv6 patching of bsd-finger

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:

lördag den  6 februari 2010 klockan 15:53 skrev Asheesh Laroia detta:
That's thrilling. Mats, are you a DD? If not, then if the maintainer

No!

Also, can you check and see how they do it in Fedora? Better that we and
Fedora share code, I figure, than do things differently.

Will do, but have not yet done so.

After further testing, I decided it to be important to loop through all
possible addresses, in case some do not answer, so I make a revised
NMUdiff public with this message. The new patch will proceed to a
IPv4 query, should the host deny access to IPv6-finger, just as is
to be expected. My previous suggestion did not explicitly do that.

This patchedd fingerd has been checked under xinetd with IPv6, IPv4-only,
and disabled service. The patched client finger captures all functionality.

I hope you do check in with Fedora soon and join forces!

-- Asheesh.

--
No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness.
		-- Aristotle