Re: flow-tools + fprobe-ulog vs. nfsen + nfdump + softflowd

On Sun, 2009-08-30 at 19:45 +0700, Ivan Shmakov wrote:

> [...]
>
>  IS> * `flow-tools' and `fprobe-ulog'; (use `nfdump' and `softflowd'
>  IS> instead? oh well, `nfdump' depends on... `ttf-dejavu'! thanks to
>  IS> the `librrd4' dependency);
>
>  JM> If you require gratuit NetFlow something NFSen/NFdump is the best
>  JM> you can get,

If all you want is to record traffic then the best I've found for my
purposes is pmacct, which will happily record IPv6 traffic.

I don't think it does netflow format output though - mostly it just does
logging to a database - PostgreSQL in my case, but I think it supports
SQLite and MySQL as well.

Cheers,
					Andrew.

andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com                            +64(272)DEBIAN
           You have many friends and very few living enemies.