Re: current state of IPv6 support in Debian

On Sat, 2009-08-29 at 02:38 +0700, Ivan Shmakov wrote:
> 	I'm still investigating which of the Debian packages I use
> 	aren't able to use IPv6.  The current results are as follows.
>
>     squid3 -- IPv6 support is expected to be available in the upcoming
> 	Squid 3.1;

I have packages of this, but was waiting for the maintainer to upload
his ones.  I guess I can upload these if the maintainer is happy for me
to do that.

>     dhcp3-server -- apparently lacks IPv6 support; OTOH, ISC DHCP 4 is
> 	not in Debian, IIUC;

There are a couple of DHCPv6 servers.  DHCP does not support IPv6 and
needs a completely new protocol.

> PS.  It's likely there're more.

Yeah, it is.  For example I have seen problems with CUPS over IPv6 where
you access the cups server using an http://[dead:beef:cafe::f00d]:631/
type of address.

Also the squid log parser 'sarg' completely fails with IPv6 but perhaps
there are alternatives that work.

The version of dircproxy in Sid also does not support IPv6.  I have
packages of the current HEAD which does, however.

Regards,
					Andrew.

andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com                            +64(272)DEBIAN
        Open Source: the difference between trust and antitrust