回覆: Re: Ipv6 firewall in Sarge - iptabl e?=

Dear Dominic :

What do you means for "stateful filtering" ?

In my case, I am using radvd to autoconfigure the
Global Ipv6 address to other hosts.

Autoconfigure by radvd are not statefull Ip address
assignment in Ipv6. For my understanding , only DHCP6
is statefull assignment for Ipv6 address.

So, for my case , should it be good enough to use
Iptable6  ?

I am confusing with the meaning on "stateful" between
IP address assignment and stateful firewall .

May be they are not related ( two different things).

Please help me to understand this two things  if you
may help.

Thanks,
K. M. Lau

--- Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li> 說: