Re: Routing with 6to4 *and* a tunnel

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 07:18:46PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 01:12:21PM -0700, Marc Singer wrote:
> > I asked about the ping6 because I'm trying to figure out why the ipv6
> > router works fine and connected workstations don't.
> >
> > I'm using a tunnel broker to get an IPv6 tunnel.  They're giving me a
> > point-to-point tunnel with a /128 endpoint address.
>
> My suggestion: drop the tunnel broker, and find a decent one that gives
> you a /64. These aren't too hard to find (although I'm not really sure
> where to look myself anymore; we currently have our own /48 at work, so
> I don't need another broker), and will give you a setup which is *not*
> an ugly hack.

Indeed.  Just did.  Hurricane electric obliged with a more consistent
setup than freenet6.

I'm researching the feasibility of using ipv6 to solve some sticky
inter-office VPN problem.  Are you finding that the ipv6 support is
sufficient in the Linux kernel.  Michael Richardson tells me that
source address selection in the Linux kernel is facile.  Is this
causing a problem for you?  The kernel, as is, doesn't do what I need
but there may be another way which I haven't yet found.