Re: Does Exim or Postfix, which run better in Ipv6 ?

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 07:58:01PM +0800, kmlhk79-ipv6@yahoo.com.hk wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> In Debian, there are 2 email commonly use email
> packages Exim and Postfix.
>
> Which one will work better in Ipv6 ?
>
> I read some old news that Exim had bugs on Ipv6.
>
> "Exim: Two buffer overflows"

Must be /very/ old news. I've been running Exim 3 and Exim 4 for ages,
both with IPv6, and never saw any such problems.

> Since Exim is the default Email agent for Debian, Will
> it work better on Ipv6 ?

I can't tell whether it works "better" than Postfix, but it surely does
work with no problems for me since quite a while now.

pavement is precisely one bananosecond