RE: Using the nsd nameserver with IPv6: need help on bug #186368

Stephane Bortzmeyer [mailto:bortzmeyer@nic.fr] wrote:

> I just filed a bug report against nsd (#186368). I cannot make it run
> with IPv6. Ideas welcome.

That is a Linux (basekernel) problem.
Binding IPv6 UDP ports on a specific IP is not possible.
Which is indeed the same problem bind is having.
Which also is a 'pain' for some people having multiple
IP's on the same machine but want to have it listening
on one IP only, eg because one wants to serve to different
dns's on the same machine to name one.

Did you test with an USAGI kernel or not?
USAGI is much more advanced than the base kernels.
So there might be a possiblity that USAGI already solved this.

Greets,
 Jeroen