Re: ipv6 enabled irc server package?

On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 23:43, Martin List-Petersen wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 22:28, Martin List-Petersen wrote:
> > On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 20:38, Teun Vink wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I run a small IRC server for the ISP I work for (dancer-ircd at the
> > > moment). Since we're in the progress of making our complete network IPv6
> > > capable, I was looking for an IPv6 enabled IRC server. I've browsed
> > > Fabbione's debian packages and the packages list on
> > > http://people.debian.org/~csmall/ipv6/packages.html, but all I saw was
> > > IPv6 enabled IRC clients, no servers. Can anyone point me to such a
> > > package? Since there are a lot of IPv6 enabled IRC servers all around the
> > > world, I assume these exist...
> > >

> > ircd (ircd-irc2, the ircnet irc server) has ipv6 support, if enabled, as
> > far as i can see. I will test that tonight and get back.
> >

> The standard-package in Debian does not include ipv6-support, but i did
> recompile a package of ircd-irc2 with ipv6 support for woody, that can
> be found at:
>
> http://debian.marlow.dk/packages/ipv6/pool/irc/
>
> The only thing, that should be kept in mind, when configuring it, is
> that all seperators in the config-file (:) have to be replaced with (%)
> due to the conflict with ipv6 ip-addresses.
>
> I did not patch the package in any way, so it's off the rack +
> --enable-ip6

Besides, here is the list of the ipv6 aware irc-applications:
http://www.bieringer.de/linux/IPv6/status/IPv6+Linux-status-apps.html#irc

X-Chat as a client is also ipv6 aware.

--
Regards,
Martin List-Petersen

We are currently trying a new concept of using a live mouse.
Unfortunately, one has yet to survive being hooked up to the
computer.....please bear with us.