RE : Ping6 ok but Traceroute6 fails

NAT or firewall ???
Traceroute use udp port to reply so !!!

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Xavier Sudre [mailto:xavier@sudre.fr]
Envoyé : dimanche 5 mai 2002 05:07
À : debian-ipv6@lists.debian.org
Objet : Ping6 ok but Traceroute6 fails

Hi everybody,

I have troubles with my woody and ipv6 tools.
I am able to ping6 all ip addresses I want like for example the
boundaries of my tunnel or www.6bone.net.
But the problem is that I am not able to traceroute anywhere.
My distribution is up to date and here is an output of the traceroute:

traceroute to 6bone.net (3ffe:b00:c18:1::10) from 3ffe:8271:201:2034::2,
30 hops max, 16 byte packets
 1  * * *
 2  * * *
 3  * * *
 4  * * *
 5  * * *
 6  * * *
 7  www.6bone.net (3ffe:b00:c18:1::10)  621.183 ms  223.8 ms 235.427 ms

Here is the ping6:

PING www.6bone.net(www.6bone.net) 56 data bytes
64 bytes from www.6bone.net: icmp_seq=1 ttl=61 time=234 ms
64 bytes from www.6bone.net: icmp_seq=2 ttl=61 time=235 ms
64 bytes from www.6bone.net: icmp_seq=3 ttl=61 time=233 ms

My tunel is well configured and I have also MULTICAST on my interface
for tunnel.

Also to be sure I compiled the latest usagi kernel based on 2.4.18 but
no changes.

The thing is that it is possible to ping6 and traceroute6 from the
Internet but not from inside.

I spent 3 days working on that problem and you are my last resort.
I hope somebody had experienced that before and would be able to help me
to fix this trouble.

Thanks for all !

--
Xavier Sudre