Re: IPv6 Programming FAQs?

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 05:31:33PM -0600, Joel Baker wrote:
> I'm currently working on a network-server project which has an old network
> layer (written before the advent of IPv6), and I'm working on refactoring
> it and extending it to support IPv6 as well. However, after searching on
> the various IPv6/6bone sites, and Google, I'm having trouble finding any
> sort of FAQ aimed at programmers, rather than end-users or network admins,
> about exactly what needs to be done to support IPv6, and how it differs
> from IPv4 network handling.

I'm  writing one at the moment.  Right now I'd say its at status "waste
of time for anyone" as it is very early days.

It will be freely available on the web.  I'll post here when its
actually worth your while looking at it.

> Am I just missing something glaringly obvious?
There's a KAME document which is rough but pretty helpful for starters.
http://www.kame.net/newsletter/19980604/

  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>