Re: where to start?

dman wrote:
Say, here's a thought : couldn't all IPv4 addresses be valid IPv6
addresses if they are left-padded with zeroes?  Is there a possibility
that people/providers/whoever will actually do that at all,
essentially giving me an IPv6 address with no extra cost/effort on my
part?

Yes, it's called 6to4. It avoids the hassle of going through tunnel brokers & is useful for LAN to LAN communication etc. (I use it so I can VNC onto my desktop at work from home, and ssh home from work).

I wrote a quick description of what I did on http://www.nothing-on.tv/ipv6. It's not complete (or even correct, probably) but it works for me.

Tony

--
"Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files. This provides more security than wiping with decimal values." -- Norton SystemWorks 2002 Manual

tmh@nothing-on.tv http://www.nothing-on.tv