ping6 broken on sparc64?

I'm trying to debug a problem in which the iputils-ping ping6 in sid
doesn't work on sparc64.  I can't quite tell if the problem is with
ping6 itself (likely) or with something else on my system.

traceroute6 and tracepath6 work fine.  ping6 correctly sends out ICMP6
echo requests, as demonstrated by tcpdump.  ICMP6 echo replies are
received by the machine, but they never reach ping6.  It indicates 100%
packet loss.

Is anybody here sucessfully using IPv6 on sparc64, and if so, can you
sucessfully ping other IPv6 addresses?

Thanks.
noah
(iputils maintainer)

--
Noah Meyerhans
Computer Resource Services, MIT Laboratory for Computer Science