Re: tcp-wrappers + ipv6?

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> On/Dnia Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 02:35:58PM -0500, William F. Maton wrote/napisał(a)
> > Anyone here (including USAGI project maybe) have a tcp-wrappers package
> > with IPv6 that does work for linux and can be contributed back to the
> > upstream author?
> There is patch that works on Linux fine:
> http://www.imasy.or.jp/~ume/ipv6/tcp_wrappers_7.6-ipv6-1.9.diff.gz
> but it's different from current official tcp_wrappers+ipv6 and afaik
> tcp_wrappers author know about it.
>
> btw. you can use tcpd package as tcp_wrappers replacement, too
> ftp://ftp.pld.org.pl/software/tcpd/tcpd-0.0.2.tar.gz

Thanks.  The patch above looks really ugly, so I'm guessing the original
tcp wrappers author didn't accept this as a reason.  I'll hae a look at
tcpd as well.   Incidentally, the reason why I asked is that even though
xinetd supports IPv6, compiling with libwrap.a doesn't mean IPv6 will
still work - it seems to be a gotcha, or maybe not.